The $ 10 million bounty announced by the United States for Lashkar-e-Tayyiba founder Hafiz Mohammad Saeed is a "blatant pressure tactic" and has boosted his image as the leader of resistance against the Americans, the Pakistani media said on Friday.
"The JuD and the Falah-e-Insaniat Foundation are the other wings of Lashkar-e-Taiba," the PEMRA notification said.
Makki and other LeT/JUD operatives "have been involved in raising funds, recruiting and radicalising youth to violence and planning attacks in India, particularly in Jammu and Kashmir (J&K)," the sanctions committee said, providing a statement for the reasons of Makki's listing.
Police have imposed restrictions on the movement of banned Jamaat-ud-Dawah chief Hafiz Mohammad Saeed and barred him from leading Eid prayers at the Gaddafi Stadium.
Saeed also said that the attack was a fitting reply to Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Under pressure from India and the United States to act against Jamaat-ud-Dawah chief Hafiz Mohammad Saeed, the mastermind of Mumbai terror attack, the Pakistani police today registered cases against him and one of his close aides Abu Jandal under the Anti-Terrorism Act.
Lashkar-e-Tayiba founder Hafiz Mohammad Saeed has turned down a "request" from the Pakistan government to limit his public appearances and activities after the US announced a $10-million bounty for him, according to a media report on Tuesday.
The home minister will reach Islamabad on Wednesday and return to New Delhi the next day after attending the 7th meeting of SAARC.
The ameer of the banned jihadi organisation Jamaatul Daawa Hafiz Mohammad Saeed seems to be the prime suspect behind a threat letter, apparently sent by Lashkar-e-Tayiba and warning the Pakistani authorities to blow up the recently inaugurated Attari check post at Wagah border near Lahore. Amir Mir reports
The powerful military establishment, which enjoys considerable influence over policy decisions in Pakistan, was also on board to ban JuD and other terror groups.
The probe agency said the 12,794-page chargesheet has been filed against 12 persons including Hafiz Saeed, the head of banned terror outfit Lashkar-e-Tayiba, and Hizbul Mujahideen head Syed Salahuddin for conspiring to wage war against the government (Section 121 of Indian Penal Code) by carrying out terrorist and secessionist activities in Jammu and Kashmir.
Saeed had confirmed that his organisation Jammat-ud-Dawah would contest the 2018 general elections under the banner of the Milli Muslim League.
The Indian government sees the hand of Pakistan army behind possibility of popping up, on the political platform, of Hafiz Muhammad Saeed, chief, Jamaat-ud-Dawah, which is considered the front of terrorist organisation Lashkar-e-Tayiba. Sheela Bhatt reports.
Jamaat-ud Dawa chief Hafiz Mohammad Saeed, the 2008 Mumbai attacks mastermind and for whom the United States has offered a bounty of $10 million, on Tuesday said his organisation was ready to help Americans affected by the superstorm Sandy.
Hitting back, Congress spokesperson Supriya Shrinate posted a picture of Afridi with BJP leader Anurag Thakur to say that the ruling party should be ashamed for asking questions from the Congress while it itself maintain ties with them.
The case of Jamaat-ud-Dawah chief Hafiz Mohammad Saeed is an "internal issue" and any evidence against him should be provided to Pakistan so that the courts can take action, Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani said on Thursday.
Jamat ud Dawa chief Hafiz Mohammad Saeed on Monday made a rare public appearance to lead the funeral prayers for Kashmiri leader Maulvi Showkat Ahmed Shah, killed in Srinagar last week, and used the occasion to rubbish the India-Pakistan cricket diplomacy while vowing for a "jihad" in Jammu and Kashmir.
The National Investigation Agency has informed a Delhi court that Mumbai attack accused Tahawwur Rana could spill the beans on the ongoing and future terror plans of outfit Lashkar-e-Taiba and its chief Hafiz Saeed for India.
In an interaction with naval warriors on board aircraft carrier INS Vikrant off Goa, Singh sent a stern warning to Islamabad saying India will not hesitate to use the methods to deal with terrorism that Pakistan cannot even think of.
Jamaat-ud-Daawa chief Hafiz Muhammed Saeed, who is believed to have masterminded the brazen terror attacks on Mumbai in November 2008, has denied his role in the bloodbath.
The Pakistan Army and members of the banned Jamaat-ud-Dawah (JuD) of Hafiz Saeed attended the funeral of three persons killed in the Indian military strikes on the terror group's headquarters in Muridke, some 40 kms from Lahore. The funeral prayer was held amid high security, with members of the civil bureaucracy also present. Qayyum, a JuD spokesperson, said the three persons were sleeping in a room adjacent to the mosque when the Indian attack occurred and the mosque was destroyed. He said Malik, Khalid, and Mudassir, believed to be members of the JuD, served as the mosque's prayer leaders and caretakers.
Lashkar-e-Tayiba founder Hafiz Mohammad Saeed on Saturday claimed that he had not visited areas along the Line of Control shortly before a recent spurt in violations of the ceasefire between India and Pakistan. "I did not visit the LoC where the Indian soldiers were killed," Saeed, who now heads the Jamaat-ud-Dawah, said in a statement.
The JuD's Muslim Medical Mission would request the Pakistani government for help in this regard.
Jamat-ud-Dawa chief Hafiz Muhammad Saeed, who has a United States bounty of 10 million dollars on his head, has said those enjoying government perks in Pakistan are not only violating the Constitution, but also principles outlined in Islam. Saeed, who founded the Lashkar-e-Tayiba, filed a petition before the Lahore high court challenging the 'VIP culture' for officials enjoying the top-most government posts in the country.
If the parliamentary representation of radical Islamic parties goes up dramatically in 2018, what will this do to Pakistan's army?
Jamaat-ud-Dawah chief Hafiz Mohammad Saeed has rejected claims by Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh that he had supported the event in the Jawaharlal Nehru University in memory of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru.
"As you all well know, Saeed is believed to be behind organising the 2008 Mumbai terrorist attack in which 166 people were killed, including six Americans. That is why he is actually now the subject of a Rewards for Justice programme," State Department spokesman Mark Toner told reporters.
Interior ministry officials in Islamabad say that to act against Hafiz Mohammad Saeed, the government needs actionable evidence. It has also said that a respectable Pakistani national can't be prosecuted on the basis of hearsay and that too just to please India. Amir Mir reports
Jamaat-ud-Dawa chief Hafiz Muhammad Saeed, who has a $10 million US bounty on his head, has made his informal entry in the political arena by moving the Lahore high court against the Pakistan's corruption-riddled and profligate ruling elite through his first ever 'political-focused' petition.
In trying to portray a globally sanctioned terrorist as a 'common man', Pakistan was exposed when its top official publically outed crucial details about Hafiz Abdul Rauf, including his national identity number which matched details in the database of the United States sanction list of terrorists.
The United States government did not announce any bounty for Jamaat-ud Dawa Chief Hafiz Saeed, suspect in the Mumbai terror attacks, American Ambassador to Pakistan Cameron Munter has said, blaming Pakistani media for "misreporting" the issue.
Expressing disappointment over Pakistan Supreme Court letting off Jamaat-ud-Dawa chief Hafiz Mohd Saeed, India said on Friday that it had given "enough evidence" against the Mumbai terror attack "mastermind" which was sufficient to convict him.
The government of Pakistan's Punjab province has justified its allocation of over Rs 61 million to the largest centre of the Jamaat-ud-Dawah, saying the funds are needed to continue the services being provided to people by the facility.
The officials said that intelligence agencies had been alerted about the possibility of a terror attack, but the inputs were utilised at another place, some 90 kilometres away from the site where the attack took place, resulting in a key security lapse.
Until Pakistan hands over Lashkar-e-Tayiba founder Hafiz Saeed to India bitterness in ties between the two countries cannot end, Bharatiya Janata Party said on Saturday.
The Bharatiya Janata Party on Monday said a Pakistan court order quashing cases against Mumbai terror attack mastermind and Jamaat-ud-Dawa chief Hafiz Saeed was a "big setback" to India's efforts to bring him to justice and "proof" that Pakistan does not want to act against those behind the attack.
Pakistan will take action against Laskhar-e-Tayiba founder Hafiz Saeed, the mastermind of the Mumbai attacks, if India provides evidence against him that stands in court, Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar said on Saturday.
The Delhi High Court has ruled that an undertrial's prolonged incarceration cannot be a reason to grant bail in terrorism cases, emphasizing the gravity of such offenses and their potential to destabilize the nation. The court denied bail to separatist leader Nayeem Ahmad Khan in a terror-funding case involving Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) and 26/11 Mumbai attack mastermind Hafiz Saeed. The court considered the accused's argument regarding a prolonged trial and his right to liberty but emphasized that the serious nature of the crime, with its potential to disrupt national unity and create fear among the public, outweighs the length of incarceration. Khan, who was arrested in 2017, has been accused of conspiring for secession of Jammu and Kashmir through terrorist activities, receiving funding from Pakistan, and organizing anti-India rallies and demonstrations. The court highlighted the evidence, including witness statements and documents, supporting the accusations against Khan.
Hafiz Saeed's counsel said the "controversial" movie contains "malicious and filthy" propaganda against the Jamaat-ud-Dawa in general and Hafiz Saeed in particular.
A United Nations Security Council panel has issued a 'revised' letter removing the term 'sahib' from the name of Mumbai terror attack mastermind and JuD chief Hafiz Saeed, saying it regrets the mistake after India objected to the use of the salutation.